We are an interdisciplinary “think and do” tank committed to promoting moral reflection and commitment, conducting interdisciplinary research, and shaping policy and practice. At Duke we serve as a central node for analysis, debate, and engagement on ethical issues at and beyond the university. We currently feature work on global migration, human rights, regulatory policy, moral attitudes and decision-making, and religions and public life.
- Nyuol Tong speaks on journey from Sudan to Duke with WUNC’s “The State of Things”
- Announcing the winner of the #EthicsStorytime contest
- Applications for undergraduate Kenan Summer Fellows due January 17
- Silver Family Fund opens door for KIE & Bass partnership
- Libby MacFarlane discusses work with global mental health research team
- American Jewish Institutions & Organizational Innovation, Jan. 23-24
A two-day conference on using theory to inform practice
- Islamic Media: Technology and the Sacred, Feb. 7
An interactive, day-long workshop exploring the intersection of technology and religion in Middle Eastern Islam.
- Kenan Distinguished Lecture with Teju Cole, Apr. 24
Here Comes Everybody: The Crisis of Equality in the Age of Social Media