Seeking Applications for Grad Engage Fellowships – Due 7/30
DukeEngage (Duke’s signature community engagement program for undergraduates) is now offering an opportunity for graduate students.
Supported by funding from DukeEngage and The Purpose Project at Duke, GradEngage is an opportunity for up to 24 Duke graduate students to deepen a partnership with a North Carolina community during academic year 2021-2022. GradEngage fellowships create opportunities for students to explore their vocation and the purpose of their graduate work by engaging with a community on a pressing social issue.
- $3,000 honorarium for projects of 150+ hours
- Eligibility: Any graduate or professional school student may
- Time period: Projects must take place during the academic year (August 23, 2021 to April 30, 2022)
- Partnership: Projects must be in partnership with a North Carolina organization or community.
- Prior relationship: The applicant must have either a clearly defined prior relationship with the organization or community or provide documentation of a new community participation in the collaboration
- Training: Two-hour online training before starting the project
- Time: 150+ hours
- Reflection: Six blog posts over the course of the project
Application deadline: July 30, 2021