Search Committee Announced for Director of Kenan Institute for Ethics
This article is reposted from the Duke Interdisciplinary Studies website.
Anne Allison, Professor of Cultural Anthropology, will chair the search committee for the director of the Kenan Institute for Ethics, Interim Provost Jennifer Francis announced today.
David Toole was appointed to a 22-month term as interim director of the institute in 2021. It is university practice to conduct a search to select a director for a full five-year term.
In addition to Allison, the other committee members are:
- Katherine Brading, Professor, Philosophy
- John de Figueiredo, Russell M. Robinson, II Distinguished Professor of Law
- David Hoffman, Steed Family Professor of the Practice of Public Policy
- Megan Huchko, Hollier Family Associate Professor of Global Health, Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Luke Powery, Associate Professor of Homiletics and Dean of Duke University Chapel
- Ann Saterbak, Professor of the Practice, Biomedical Engineering
The committee is soliciting feedback, nominations and applications from members of the Duke community. Nominations of prospective candidates and inquiries about the position can be sent to the committee at email@example.com.